Clean Sweep - Ilona Andrews

I loved it. Everything you expect from Ilona Andrews - blue-electric sizzle-y awesomeness with some big-grin squeeing moments.

Here are some favorite quotes with my frivolous commentary:

"For me hotness was a complicated matter involving brains, humor, and some other things, but all that aside, I was willing to admit Sean Evans was nice to look at."

Amen

"Beast grabbed it and took it under the table, making happy monster-dog noises."

Everyone needs a monster dog. Only Ilona Andrews makes a monster dog a Shi-Tzu. Only Ilona Andrews makes me actually want a real life barking, yapping, little brat that is a Shi-Tzu. I'd name it Beast and pretend it had four rows of teeth.

"If they arrested him, I'd totally bail him out."

Me too Dina, me too. We are on the same page.

"When a man takes up arms, he does so for many reasons. Sometimes to punish, sometimes to intimidate or frighten. But when a woman picks up a weapon, she means to kill."

I will admit that the rabid killing ability didn't creep out of me until I had children. I concur with the above statement.

Of Arland, "Look at my big teeth. I'm an apex predator. My genetic material is awesome"

The picture in my head of Arland is some creation of Disney...if Disney did adult. And vampires.

"Mhm," Arland said. "I have spent my spare time studying literature popular with young women of this planet. One should always study the battlefield."

Sean glanced at him. "And?"

"I suggest you give up now. According to my research, in a vampire-werewolf love triangle, the vampire always gets the girl."

That's it, Ilona Andrews. *bows down* We're not worthy.