Mr Mercedes - Stephen King

Before I get too far into the next section: Poison Bait, I thought I'd stop here and say...

What the HOLY, ice-cream-loving, I've-got-a-new-lease-on-life, HELL, Det. Ret. Hodges!? I'm not some well read King fan, but what I have read? Not ONE TIME did I think he wrote a character who made such a monumentally stupid decision as Hodges makes by involving Jerome in his wingnut investigation of a hidden SERIAL KILLER. Sure, let the kid go explore some exotic, extremely private internet site. Sounds totally legit. Why can't he just go to the library? If Hodges is so 'old school', why not that? I get looked at like I wear grandma panties when I mention that I use the library. *shakes head*

That said. I do like King's writing. Yes, I do. In some of these passages I'm very much reminded of Insomnia.

"He sits back again, head tilted, eyes fixed on nothing. He isn't aware of time passing; for Hodges, time, which has hung so heavy since his retirement, has been cancelled."

I'm going to try to get through the next section by tomorrow...it does move quick, but there is only so much dark I can handle.

Bookstooge's Mr Mercedes Posts