Voices in the Park - Anthony Browne
And the kindergartener says: "This book is about respect".I'm not sure it was really about that, but I think he was trying to grapple with finding the 'deeper' thought in [b:Voices in the Park|80877|Voices in the Park|Anthony Browne|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1309295245s/80877.jpg|78088]. He knew there was something important in there, but wasn't really sure what it was. I'm not sure I really knew either. A parental note or reading guide would have been a handy thing (say, at the beginning?). I found myself a bit lost as to what questions to ask for to check for comprehension. I know there isn't a 'right' way about these things, but at the end of a long day help a momma out, huh?We both found this book enjoyable, though not too thrilling. The tone was somber and serious. We found ourselves seeking out Victoria and Smudge (the two pups) in each of the stories and pictures.It's definitely a book that we can re-read several times before library turn in day. There are probably things we've yet to discover and revisit. For example, until reading the book blurb I didn't correlate the seasons with the attitudes of the characters.