Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning

Yup. Liked this book. Can't wait to read the next one. Another series I'm rabid about....great!
The setting - Dublin Ireland. Rich with history, people and character. Gritty. Perfect setting for an ancient evil to be unleashed! Fae are not always beautiful woodland creatures - and if you like them that way, don't read this book! MacKayla Lane, our heroine is pretty likeable the further you got into the book. It was a little difficult to really picture her at first. Her "Barbie" doll look, as KMM calls it, just doesn't completely ring true for me, or at least not at first. It really took a lot of convincing. Her story is intriguing and rich. Her dialogue is good.
The only thing that bugged me was Mac's inner dialogue in the beginning about 'grown-ups'. Umm...you're 22. You're a grown up. I really wanted Mac to be a tad more mature, especially for what she faces. V'lane? I just didn't want all that with someone who still thought of herself as a kid for all intents and purposes.
Speaking of V'lane. Weird...but hot. Seriously.
All in all, totally worth the $3.50 spent to pick it up and am waiting anxiously for the next to arrive!